Before adopting or buying a dog, people don’t always know what that actually means. A dog is not just a pet that you have to walk a few times a day and play with. A pet is a responsibility before anything else. It needs attention and care, like any other member of your family. It needs proper food, medical assistance when needed, and a lot of your time. So consider all those aspects before you get excited about having a pet in your life.
One of the most common concerns when it comes to dogs is parasites. Dogs are fluffy little things that can hide a lot of parasites underneath all the fur. It doesn’t matter that the dog has short, medium, or long hair, it will still get fleas and ticks. That is why you need to use a dog flea treatment on a regular basis. It depends on the area where you live and the climate. If you residein an area where it’s cold most of the times, you won’t have to use a flea treatment on your dog as often as people who live in a warmer climate. But still, you are required to do so. Talk to your veterinarian. He is the most qualified to tell you how often you should do that.
The benefits of a dog flea treatment
Dog flea treatments come in many forms. You have a variety of options you can use. Not all dogs are the same, and not all treatments work best for everyone. You have spot-on pipettes, which are the most common. They are very efficient and last from one to three months. However, not all dogs tolerate it and develop rashes and allergic reactions. Then there are sprays. You can spray your dog, as well as your home for further protection against parasites. And last, but not least, there are anti-flea collars. Depending on the brand, a flea collar can protect your dog from fleas up to 8 months. They are not as efficient as the spot-on, though. I know that from experience.
No matter what form of dog flea treatment you choose, they all do the same thing. The benefits are plenty, and you and your dog will be happier and healthier because of it.
- It works quickly and efficiently – the best course of treatment is prevention. If you use a flea treatment on a regular basis, you should have no issues regarding parasites. If, however, you forget and your dog does get fleas, the treatment will work in a very short period of time. The dog should feel immediate relief. It won’t scratch anymore, and the rash will be gone in a matter of days. If, by any chance, the flea treatment you chose does not work, try something else. Eventually, you will find the best dog flea treatment. It’s a trial and error kind of situation.
- It kills the fleas in all stages of development – if your dog has fleas, chances are that it also has eggs and larvae. Those fleas don’t just walk around doing nothing. Like all living things, they reproduce. A dog flea treatment will kill everything, provided you choose a treatment that is designed to do so. Not all flea treatments do that. Some kill only adult fleas, so I advise you stay away from those.
- There are few side effects – side effects from flea treatments are scarce, but that does not mean they don’t Some dogs develop allergic reactions and rashes. Rare, but it happens. All you have to do is change that particular treatment. Not all solutions have the same active ingredients.
- It’s very easy to use – you don’t have to go through a complicated procedure to apply the flea treatment. Spot-on pipettes are squeezed along the spine of the dog, the spray is a no-brainer, and the collar is just a collar. There is nothing complicated about that, is there?
What to consider before applying the best flea treatment
For the flea treatment to be successful, you need to keep in mind a few things. Buying the first treatment you find is a mistake, both for you and your pet. So here is what you need to think about before making a purchase.
- Talk to your veterinarian. He will tell you what the best flea treatment for dogs in general is and take it from there. Also, there are other things he can say to you, depending on the state of your dog (old, weak, pregnant, etc.)
- Weigh your dog – all dog flea treatments are designed to work for dogs in a particular weight category. You cannot use a treatment for a 40-pound boxer on a 2-pound Chihuahua. Otherwise, the dog will get sick. Buy a treatment according to your pet’s weight.
- Buy flea treatments from reputable brands or from your vet – unfortunately, there are plenty of counterfeit products in stores, and they may not be as efficient as the real thing. You may think that you spend less money at the moment, but in the long run, your pet will suffer, and so will your pockets.
- Waterproof treatments – make sure that the product you use is waterproof. It must resist shampooing, rain, and ‘spontaneous’ baths in ponds and lakes. Some dogs love water,andthey get in every chance they have. Put your mind at ease and invest in a waterproof dog flea treatment. That way you won’t get worried everytime your pet comes in contact with water.
- Treat your house as well – if you use a flea treatment on your dog, but forget about your home, it may all be for nothing. You need to get rid of fleas everywhere. Treat the upholstery, the carpets, and even your yard and garden. Use a home flea treatment, and you should be carefree.
- Go for a multi-purpose treatment – just because you choose a flea treatment, that doesn’t mean you need to forget about other parasites such as ticks. They are even more dangerous than fleas, both for your pet and yourself. If it goes undetected, a tick has the potential to kill your dog, and you can develop a condition called Lyme disease from tick bites.
- Pay attention – just because you treat your pet against parasites that does not guarantee 100% that they will not occur. Make sure to check your dog from time to time. Also, ticks are relatively easy to spot because their body gets larger and larger as time passes by. Quick tip: don’t attempt to remove a tick yourself. You can break it, and the head will remain under the dog’s skin. It’s best if you let the veterinarian do that.
What are the best dog flea treatments?
There are plenty of high-quality dog flea treatments on the market, provided they are not counterfeit. That is why you need to purchase the product from a trusted retailer. You should ask your veterinarian what is the best flea treatment for your dog before making a purchase, but here are three products that will get rid of fleas in no time.
Advecta II Flea Treatment
The Advecta flea treatment will efficiently break the flea life cycle. It will kill fleas at every stage of their life, from eggs and larvae to adult parasites. Once your dog has a flea infestation, Advecta will remove everything. Your dog will be parasites free, and your home will be a safe environment once more. It contains two powerful active ingredients, pyriproxyfen and imidacloprid, that will kill everything in their way.
If you confront with a flea infestation, Advecta will solve the problem in 12 hours of drops application. Once the fleas are gone, it will prevent their re-occurrence for up to 4 months. You no longer have to worry that your dog will get rashes. Furthermore, you will be protected as well. Flea bites can get nasty on some people.
Apart from fleas, Advecta treats, prevents, and controls the occurrence of chewing lice. The product is waterproof. The treatment will keep its efficiency even if you shampoo your dog, and those walks in the rain or baths in the lake will not affect the protection provided by Advecta. However, it would be best if you waited 48 hours from the application of the drops before your dog comes in contact with water. That way you know for sure that the treatment will keep its effectiveness. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Vet’s Best Flea&Tick Pet and Home Spray
A lot of people are looking for a 2-in-1 solution, for both their dog and their home. Fleas can be found anywhere, and they will cling to any host that comes their way. If your dog is allowed on the couch and it has fleas, you can be sure that the fleas will jump on you once you sit and watch TV. That is why you need a flea treatment that will protect both your dog and your home. Precisely like Vet’s Best Spray does.
Vet’s Best is a product made of natural ingredients, so it’s safe to use around you and your children. It kills fleas, flea eggs, and ticks. The natural oils found in this spray are plant-based (Peppermint and Clove plants). As a bonus, the formula repels mosquitos as well.
The formula will not stain your carpets, your bedding, pillow, blankets, or your upholstery. It can be used both indoors and outdoors. You can safely use it on your pet. However, it is not recommended to spray your puppy if it is less than 12 weeks. The spray bottle is designed with an induction seal cap and detached trigger sprayer. That way it will not leak during delivery. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Bayer K9 Advantix II Flea and Tick Control Treatment for Dogs
Bayer provides the best flea treatments for both dogs and cats. Almost all their products are highly praised by pet owners. It’s among the few flea treatments that also kill flea pupae, and those are hard to kill because of the stage of development they are in.
As I said, Bayer kills fleas no matter their stage of development. Whether they are simple eggs or adults, the treatment will be as efficient as possible. In case of infestation, all fleas will be dead in approximately 12 hours. The product is supposed to repel their re-occurrence, and if that happens, it will take up to two hours for the new fleas to die. Bayer will also repel and kill ticks and lice, and repels mosquitos, and any other biting flies.
Bayer K9 Advantix will maintain its efficiency for at least four weeks. It will remain effective even if you give your dog a bath. It doesn’t matter what shampoo you use, the flea treatment will resist. Also, if your dog goes swimming, you don’t need to worry that you have to reapply the flea treatment. Advantix will do its job after contact with water. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
When it comes to my dog, I always go for the best flea treatment I can find. That is because I can save myself a lot of trouble in the future. You should do the same. I strongly recommend that you use Bayer K9 Advantix II Flea and Tick Control Treatment for Dogs. It kills fleas in every stage of development, it protects your dog from ticks, and it seems that all people who used it are satisfied with its effects. It’s one of the best dog flea treatments on the market, which is why it’s my number one recommendation.
Some people underestimate fleas. They are just some insignificant insects, right? Wrong! They can cause a lot of discomfort for your furry friend. Do you like when you see it scratching every 5 minutes? That can’t be comfortable. That is why you should use a dog flea treatment. Your dog will be flea-free and healthy, and your home will be a safe environment. Click here to buy on Amazon
- What You Don’t Know About Flea Control for Dogs
- Outrageous Best Flea Treatment Tips
- Flea Treatment for Cats Tips & Guide
- Unusual Facts About Advantix for Dogs
- What the Pros Are Not Saying About Flea Treatment and How It impacts You
- Why Almost Everything You’ve Learned About Dog Flea Treatment Is Wrong and What You Should Know
- What You Don’t Know About Flea Medicine for Dogs
- Brief Article Teaches You the Ins and Outs of Best Flea Treatment for Dogs and What You Should Do Today
- Choosing Flea Treatment for Dogs
- Detailed Notes on Flea and Tick Prevention in Simple Step by Step Order
- What You Don’t Know About Flea Killer for Dogs May Surprise You
- The Low Down on Best Flea and Tick Treatment for Dogs Revealed
- The Hidden Gem of Tick Prevention for Dogs
- The Low Down on Flea Medicine for Cats Revealed
- The Definitive Solution for Flea Killer
- Flea Meds for Dogs Explained
- The Dog Fleas Pitfall
- Flea Treatment for Puppies Tips & Guide
- How to Find Flea and Tick Medicine
- What You Need to Do About Flea Medicine Before It Is Too Late
- The New Angle On Flea and Tick Medicine for Dogs Just Released
- New Ideas Into Flea Spray for Dogs Never Before Revealed
- Flea Medication: No Longer a Mystery
- What to Do About Dog Flea Medicine Before You Miss Your Chance
- The Definitive Solution for Fleas on Dogs
- Flea Medication for Dogs: No Longer a Mystery
- The Fundamentals of Flea Prevention for Dogs Revealed
- What You Don’t Know About Flea and Tick for Dogs
- What the In-Crowd Won’t Tell You About Flea Control
- The Basics of Best Flea Treatment for Cats
- The Best Flea Medicine for Dogs Game
- Top Choices of Flea and Tick Prevention for Dogs
- Choosing Capstar
- The Fight Against Flea Spray
- New Ideas Into Cat Flea Treatment Never Before Revealed